Having made countless cups of AeroPress'd coffee (mostly at work), I've finally arrived at the perfect cuppa.
- Boil the jug. Yup, boil. You'll see why in a moment.
- Pour boiling water into your coffee cup. If you take milk in your coffee leave room for milk. Otherwise fill it up.
- Grind coffee / put ground coffee in an inverted AeroPress.
- Fill AeroPress with hot water from cup. Your cup is now hot and the water has cooled to the perfect temperature.
- Stir coffee in AeroPress.
- Screw filter & cap onto AeroPress, leave for a minute or two.
- Pour milk into cup.
- Place AeroPress right way up on the cup.
- Slowly plunge the coffee into the cup.
- Pop out used coffee grounds, rinse rubber seal, enjoy coffee.
This way the water can be used straight after boiling without waiting for it to cool to 85-90°, and you can warm your cup at the same time without wasting water.